Friday, February 19, 2010

Well, it's been a while for me. Lots of fun things have gone on since I last wrote and changes as well. We went skiing for the first time, well all of us except Pat's first time. Girls did great, Morgan struggled with snowboarding but Taylor picked up skiing pretty well. Me, I'm trying out for the Olympics, ok, maybe not. The ski lift and I don't get along. What do you do!!! The cabin we stayed in was gorgeous. Thank God for friends who let us borrow it. I think I enjoyed just hanging at the cabin with Addy and relaxing more than anything.

My struggles lately have consisted of friends and my kiddos. I don't know if anyone else, stay at home moms, working moms, go through this as well. I don't live in the town I grew up in. It's always been hard to find great friends, then once I do something goes wrong. Seems like everyone is going in different directions these days and is always TOO busy. For me my friends are part of my family. When you don't have a 'real' family you have to make one! I always try my best to focus on others, blessing others and being humble about it. But sometimes the human side of me wonders why I don't get that back! You give and give and give...only to not be called, checked on, asked how your trip was, how are your kids. I know SELFISH, but I have to vent. These past couple of days I have had nothing but time to think. Part of me would love to just up and move, far away, start new. Probably wouldn't be easier, I know. My sister has always been great about making me feel better, thanks!! I guess eventually you begin to wonder what is 'wrong' with me. I wish, really do, that I had one of these amazing personalities that people liked. But I'm shy at times, reserved and probably just too much to take. It will get better...

Need to grow my friendship with God, quite a bit more. I know this. My sister has said in the past, I think you were meant to be born into a large family, you love having people around and I do! But I guess I would LOVE to be asked, not always the asker.

Whew...ok. Putting the hats and streamers away from my little pity party. Everyone has to vent at times, right!!!


1 comment:

  1. Don't give up, you're not alone in this battle for finding friends. I'm counting on you to figure it out for both of us!

    Isn't it nice to have a place like a blog to vent?

    You're a good friend - I wish sometimes that I could grab a few of yours and shake them and tell them how lucky they are! Friends like you are hard to come by...

    I'm glad I'm your friend. If I didn't have you, I don't know what I'd do - honestly.

    Love you so much...

    ReplyDelete